Rev: August 10, 2020 PHASE 2 PLANS for GYM access
Well, good news…. WA State has issued new requirements for Phase 2 Opening for Fitness Clubs.
Instead of a fixed number of members per Club (5) we are now able to adjust capacity to be inline with 25% occupancy of the size of our Fitness Facility.
However, we are still taking a very cautious approach and plan to open areas with less-than-allowable at this time. This gives both members and staff the opportunity to feel comfortable and adjust to the extra traffic in the Gym.
We will continue to close from 2pm to 3 pm daily for detail cleaning and disinfectant misting. Also per the WA requirements the locker room showers, saunas and lockers with still be closed off.
What that means for the Seattle Gym:
Overall, the new Phase 2 GYM operations will allow for more member access and flexibility.
1. For GYM ACCESS ; NO RESERVATION REQUIRED
- The GYM will be open for up to 20 people at any given time, which allows 300 sq ft per person – the new requirement under Phase 2.
The TSG staff will closely monitor attendance and may close entry if it exceeds that number.
We will also request that everyone abide by the 6 ft , Social Distancing rule whenever in the Gym and moving around. Masks are required upon entry and exit and strongly encouraged while moving from station to station.
We have closed off some free-weight stations, and removed some equipment to allow more room. We have also added more stretching mats in the Barre studio.
2. For CARDIO LOFT : No reservation required.
Will have Max capacity for 7 members.
This area will be on first-come basis, and a signup list will used for checking in.
3. For GroupX STUDIO : Reservations will be required
- Class size will be limited to 8 members with the Instructor on the Stage.
• Reserve your spot at Group X Indoors
4. DECK Classes: Reservations will be required.
- We are able to resume some of our special Outdoor Deck Classes. There will be a couple scheduled each week until the end of summer.
- Deck is available for member use when class not in session.
- Limited to 5 and Reservations will be required.
- Reserve your spot at GroupX Outdoors
The Cycling Studio still remains closed, as does our PTX Training program.
Thank you again for your continuing support and kind words while we all battle back together.
These new WA state requirements get us a little closer to normalcy for all of us.
Hope to see you soon.
The Staff and Instructors of the Seattle GYM