Purpose: An advanced exercise that strengthens and stretches the oblique adbominal muscles, stabilizes the shoulder and puts balance and control to the test!
Starting Position: Sit sideways with your weight on one side of the pelvis. Bend the legs and place the top foot over the bottom one. Place your hand, palm down, fingers facing away from you, underneath your shoulder. Your top hand rests on knee.
2. Exhale, lift pelvis high, reach free arm (top arm) down
3. Inhale, return to previous position with the body in a straight diagonal line.
4. Exhale, reach arm back, allowing upper body to twist toward ceiling, resisting pelvic rotation.
5. Inhale, return to long diagonal position of step 3. Exhale lower body to starting position. Complete 3-5 times.
Visualization: Imagine you are suspended by a strong spring attached through your belt loops and up to the ceiling.
Head to Toe Checklist:
• Keep your hips still as you twist
• Keep scapula stable
• Maintain alignment of the head with the spine
• Don’t lean all your weight into your wrists or knees
By: Jocelyn Paoli
Stott Certified Pilates Instructor
Certified Cycling Instructor
Certified Gravity Pilates Instructor
Mat Pilates 10:40am Mon Wed Fri