WASHINGTON FITNESS ALLIANCE FACT SHEET August 18, 2020
- Exercise increases immune strength and reduces the length of infection – US National Library of Medicine – National Institute of Health, July 2020
- There is no data showing outbreaks are happening in health clubs.
- The CDC shows no data that fitness clubs are a source of outbreaks
- 9.4 million check-ins, from 2873 open fitness locations, show 1155 cases of COVID19 called-in to clubs (not contracted at the club) showing a ratio of 42,731 check-ins for every 1 case of COVID called-in a rate of .005%
- High exertion exercise is minimal concern – Data collected from MyZone on over 49 million workouts and 3.8 billion minutes of exercise by health club members. Training above 90% heart rate occurred 3.7% of the time. The vast majority of exercise is done at much more moderate exertion levels. (MyZone Figures)
- CDC recommendations for indoor fitness dated June 30, 2020 support distancing of 6 feet in fitness centers (“CDC Recommendations for Fitness”)
- Clubs were some of the first to embrace highly advanced sanitization and distancing protocols due to the nature of the business model.
- “Exercise may protect against coronavirus complications and it should be recommended just like Social Distancing” University Virginia School of Medicine“
- During the COVID-19 pandemic, when so many are very restricted in movements, it is even more important for people of all ages and abilities to be as active as possible.”
World Health Organization
OUR COMMITMENT TO A CLEANER GYM ENVIRONMENT
The Seattle GYM will continue to close between 2 and 3PM DAILY so we can detail clean equipment, floors and electronic plasma spray with our EPA certified disinfectant