RULES AND REGULATIONS
All club policies are subject to change. Reasonable effort will be made to provide adequate notice to members when policies or rule changes are adopted.
The current Policies and Rules are also available on The Seattle GYM website at http://www.theseattlegym.com/member_policies/.
These policies are not intended to regulate every occurrence at The Seattle GYM (TSG). Club management reserves the right to take any action necessary to protect the Club and ensure the safety and enjoyment of Club members.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY POLICY
The Seattle GYM enrolls and maintains memberships without regard to race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation or age. It is further club policy that no circumstance or conduct undertaken by club personnel shall have the effect of discrimination on the basis of any of the aforementioned classifications.
The terms and conditions of the Membership Agreement executed by the member and these club policies shall be incorporated in one another.
TYPES OF MEMBERSHIPS Please refer to https://www.theseattlegym.com/gym-membership-2-2/ for all current membership types and pricing.
- Members who desire to charge transactions to their membership account shall apply for charge privileges. A membership card must be presented to charge to a member’s account. A member is responsible for all charges made by a person in possession of their card.
2. Those with EFT (monthly billing) Memberships may Freeze their accounts for up to three billing cycles. See membership agreement for details or contact Billing@theSeattleGYM.com.
- The Accounting Office shall notify delinquent members and prompt payment is required.
- Finance charges and/or service fees may be assessed on accounts (including monthly dues) which are paid after they are due. If a member’s check or EFT payment is returned 'NSF', a fee may be charged to the account.
- Members whose accounts show a sixty-day balance upon check-in to the TSG shall be denied entrance until the sixty-day balance is paid in full. TSG charging privileges may also be suspended.
- Members whose accounts go beyond ninety days shall be subject to collection proceedings and/or cancelation of membership.
TERMINATION OF MEMBERSHIP
Voluntary Resignation: A member may cancel their EFT by giving thirty days advance written notice to TSG at Billing@theSeattleGYM.com.
Paid In Full (PIF) Memberships are nonrefundable.
Involuntary Termination: Any membership may be terminated by TSG for non-payment of dues or other indebtedness, for violation of TSG rules, or for conduct which TSG deems offensive or inappropriate. Notice of termination shall be given to such terminated member via email. No further dues or assessments shall occur after termination by TSG, but the individual whose membership is so terminated shall remain liable for all sums due at the time of termination.
All members must check in at the front desk upon each club visit using their club-issued barcode tag or TSG App barcode.
Access to TSG during AES (Automatic Entry System)/unstaffed times will also require a valid barcode for entry. No enabling entry of persons without a valid barcode(tailgating) is allowed and may result in a fine and/or loss of membership.
A guest is subject to the same rules as a member. A sponsoring member must accompany their guest and obtain a FREE one-time visit from the TSG Club Manager. Members may bring an unlimited number of different guests to the Club. However, the same guest is limited to one visit per calendar month. Each additional visit requires the purchase of a paid single-day pass.
Junior (Age 15 and younger) Guest Privileges – None are offered
All parking is free Street Parking. Parking in the adjoining Wells Fargo parking lot AFTER they close is permitted.
Use of cell phones and electronic devices is prohibited in the Locker Rooms and Sauna. Use of cell phones is allowed in other club areas. Please keep calls, texts, videos and other device-based activities brief and quiet (or use headphones) to avoid disturbing other members.
PHOTOGRAPHY Photography on club premises is NOT permitted.
SMOKING TSG is a non-smoking facility.
No firearms or weapons are permitted at TSG or on TSG premises. Individuals who possess a Concealed Weapons Permit are also prohibited from bringing firearms or weapons onto TSG premises.
- We strive to uphold a family-oriented environment. As such, we expect proper and respectful conduct on our premises at all times. We do not permit disrespectful conduct toward our members, guests, employees, personal trainers, or vendors including but not limited to: vulgar, indecent, offensive hostile, threatening, harassing, stalking, fraudulent, or other inappropriate conduct or communications.
- No member or guest shall reprimand any Employee, Fitness Instructor, Personal Trainer or Manager. Any derogatory, offensive or hostile acts or actions can result in immediate membership termination. Comments regarding poor service or discourtesy should be directed to the TSG Club Manager.
- If any member or guest violates any of the Policies or Rules, TSG will ask that person to stop or leave. A member’s violation of any of the Policies or Rules may also cause TSG, in its sole discretion, to terminate that person’s membership and/or other agreements.
Only approved TSG staff or authorized contractors may conduct instruction of any type on the premises, including paid or unpaid instruction or coaching, etc. People who work out together at TSG are required to use equipment in a manner that maintains normal access to machines by other members. While we allow members to work out together to motivate one-another, people participating in groups of two or more must all be working out. If one person is mostly charting, tracking, timing, organizing, or giving advice on others’ workouts, that activity is not allowed.
PRIVACY OF MEMBER INFORMATION/ NO SOLICITATION
1. TSG will not provide or sell phone numbers or e-mail addresses of members to other members or any other 3rd party.
2. TSG is for the private use of club members only and is not open to the public. Any solicitation within the club is absolutely forbidden. This includes, for example: solicitation for profit, political purposes or any other reason; use of petitions; distributing or posting leaflets, notices or advertising anywhere in the club facility; or leaving multiple copies of leaflets or other papers in the club.
GENERAL LOCKER ROOM RULES
- Day lockers are provided for member convenience. The use of a personal lock is highly recommended. TSG is not responsible for any possessions stored in lockers.
- Members agree that, for safety and security reasons, TSG-authorized personnel have the right to open and inspect lockers.
- Contents left overnight in a day locker will be removed.
- For sanitary reasons, use a towel when sitting on any surface, such as sauna bench, or lounge furniture.
- You should consult your physician before using the Sauna. It should not be used by anyone with high blood pressure or someone with a background of circulatory illness. It is not advisable to remain in the Sauna room for more than five minutes at any one time. Do not go directly into the Sauna room following a strenuous exercise period.
- Do not put wet towels, articles of clothing or newspapers/magazines on heating elements in the Sauna. Any items found in the Sauna will be removed and discarded.
- Do not pour water onto the Sauna heating rocks, as this could cause a serious electrical accident and will shorten the life of the heating elements.
1. If you find a lost item, please bring it to the Front Desk. If you lose something, stop by the Front Desk to see if it has been turned in. Because so many items are similar, we cannot positively identify them over the telephone. If identification is attached to an item, we will do our best to contact the owner.
2. Items are donated to charity if they are not claimed within 30 days.
3. TSG is not responsible for replacing or compensating for lost items.
- TSG property shall not be removed from the TSG or premises without written approval from the Manager.
- Any cost or expense resulting from damage to TSG property by a member or their guest shall be charged to the responsible member.
- TSG does not provide shower towels, but small cleaning towels and disinfectant wipes are available at cleaning stations. Please use these supplies to wipe down equipment after use.
1. Athletic attire is acceptable in all areas of TSG.
2. For safety, athletic footwear is required in all fitness center and athletic areas and while using all equipment. Sandals and other open-toed or open-heeled footwear, or socks, are not recommended. Bare feet are allowed only in stretching areas and classes which specifically allow barefoot participation.
3. TSG restricts its members and their guests from wearing any garment or displaying any personal property that is offensive in a manner that may reasonably be expected to incite hostility. TSG employee(s) or management may ask that a member or guest change into clothing complying with this policy or refrain from displaying non-compliant personal property. Any member or guest failing and/or refusing to comply with this policy will be asked to leave the premises and their club membership may be terminated.
FOOD AND BEVERAGE CONSUMPTION
Food from outside sources may not be consumed at TSG, except for water. Members may purchase food and beverages on-site.
REPAIRS TSG reserves the right to close all or part of its facilities for repairs and maintenance at any time, and for as long a period as is necessary, without refunding any portion of the membership fee. Advance notice of such repairs will be posted whenever possible.
ANIMALS Bona fide Service Animals that conform to state and federal guidelines are allowed in the club. Otherwise, animals are not allowed in the club.
1. Use of TSG facilities is intended for healthy people. Members and guests are advised to consult with their personal physician to determine if activities at the gym are permissible.
2. Members understand and acknowledge that there is risk involved in being in and around TSG facilities, including, but not limited to, the risks involved in utilizing equipment or participating in any exercise or fitness activity. In consideration for being allowed to utilize TSG facilities, members agree to assume the risk and full responsibility for any and all injuries, losses, or damages, that might occur to them while on the premises of TSG or participating in any off-site TSG program or activity; and to the maximum extent allowed by law, members agree to waive and release any and all claims, suits, or related causes of action against Seattle Fitness INC its owners, officers, employees, or agents (collectively The Seattle GYM), for injury, loss, death, costs, or other damages to them, their heirs or assigns, or third parties for claims, suits, or related causes of action asserted against TSG arising from their conduct while on the premises of TSG or participating in any off-site TSG program or activity and this waiver and release shall bind the members and their families and spouses or domestic partners, if the member is alive, as well as the estate, family, heirs, administrators, personal representatives or assigns if the member is deceased, and shall be deemed as a “Release, Waiver, Discharge and Covenant” not to sue TSG.